It is go time, you guys. I’ve been trying to stay on top of my wrapping, I’m refreshing the tracking on my last few orders, and I have a small list of things to do on Thursday (aka payday) before I’m calling it quits and being officially ready for Christmas! It’s always such a sprint to the finish line – I can’t wait to have some time off work to just relax. Here’s the treats from the last little bit!
- I have had terrible luck with my new car – nails in the tires twice, glass in the tires once, someone hitting it in a parking lot – and it’s only like 15 months since I got it. So when the low tire pressure light went on a few weeks ago I figured it was another nail. Being the responsible adult I am, I avoided it until the weather was calling for a snowstorm. I went to the dealership, hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Imagine my surprise when they said that all four tires were equally low, so it was probably just due to the cold weather hitting. Definitely a small treat, but oh so welcome!
- Amanda and I did a trip to the States to do some Christmas shopping and actually managed to get a lot done! Our trips to Port Huron are always interesting – and always run late. I was pretty into this tacky tree at Target – is it so much to ask that it go on clearance for like 90% off?
- You can save posts on Instagram now – so I don’t have to have a phone full of screencaps anymore! Hooray!
- We had Vivian’s birthday party at the house, which actually went really well! Dustin did some chalk art for the decorations, and the kids all had a blast. Vivian really just wanted to have kids over to play, so I kept things pretty low key. I didn’t even have any freakouts, so I’m calling it a success! Vivian lost her first tooth at the party too – she was so excited!
- I also picked up these pretty gold plaid glasses at Target while we were in Port Huron – I wish I had grabbed more! They go perfectly with pizza in bed.
- I won a mini holiday photo session for Vivian too – which was such a nice treat! I got some awesome pictures of her, so everyone should be prepared to get some for Christmas. She was so excited to be able to show off her new smile!
My hope is that we can just get through the rest of this week without any major meltdowns or unforeseen issues. There’s always something that goes wrong at Christmas, but I’m hoping it’s just something small. How’s that for holiday spirit?