I couldn’t decide quite what to share about Vivian this week, so I thought I would just post some random little tidbits about her right now, at 8 months old.
- Vivian has been drinking a lot of water lately. Like, a lot a lot. The other day she was whining in the car, so I handed her her cup of water and she polished it off. I filled it up with water from my bottle and gave it back to her and she had it finished again in about 15 minutes. Not sure what that’s all about.
- Vivian tried pasta with tomato sauce this week. It was a success, but she mostly just wanted to suck the sauce off of the pasta.
- I got Vivian a new activity table this week (this one) and she loves it. Anything she can stand at is okay in her book. She can get a little rough with it though, the other day she was playing with it and literally all I saw were her legs flying up in the air. I don’t know if she was trying to climb onto it and fell, or if she was tipping it on its side and fell. Either way, she fell.
- She’s climbing everything! She’s thisclose to climbing into the brown chair in the living room.
- She’s discovered the little bookcase at the end of the hallway. Apparently I need to move it if I don’t want all my Stephen King books to be ripped apart.
- Her sleeping has really improved – we’re still not sleeping through the night, but she’s only waking up about every 4 hours, which is a huge improvement.
- She seems to really need three naps a day. Some days I’ll try to push her through her third (dinner time) nap, but if I do, I end up paying for it. She’ll just take it anyway. I’ll put her down “for the night” at 7:00 or 7:30 thinking she’ll be so tired because she’s been up since 3:00, but she’ll just sleep for 45 minutes or an hour then be up until 9:30 or 10:00. She’s always the one in control.
- I’m thinking about putting away her exersaucer and jumperoo. She will only go in them for like 10 minutes at a time, and mostly just likes to play with the toys from outside of them. They take up so much room, but for some reason I don’t want to put them away yet. It will be like an admission of how big she’s getting!
- Changing Vivian is about the most challenging part of my day. As soon as that diaper is off, so is she. She flips over and crawls away as quickly as she can. (I change her on the floor, she’s not climbing off anything dangerous) Usually it’s fine, and I chase her down and eventually get the diaper on her, but the other day she scampered off towards her toys and the next thing I knew she was sitting in a little puddle. Awesome.
- She weighs 18 lbs 2 oz and is about 27 1/2 inches long. Not super happy about the length – that means she only has about 1 1/2 inches before she’s too big for her carseat. Just what we need, something else to buy.