I’ve been working on some more tables. I got these tables last year, and never really knew what to do with them. They were blue, and I started to paint them white last summer. I got bored after the primer coat and just left them until now.
I’ve been wanting to try covering something in comic book pages for awhile, but wasn’t sure what to use. I was going to do an unfinished pine shelf that was holding our comics, but then that went to the garage when the crates came in the house.
Originally, I wanted to cover the whole table, but because the lines weren’t straight, I figured it would just get frustrating, so I just did the flat surfaces – the top and the panels on the sides.
I’m pretty happy with how they turned out, and I’m anxious to try it again on something else!
I used a spray adhesive to hold the panels down while I mod podged the heck out of it. Spray adhesive is awesome – it gave just enough tackiness to hold it down and made the whole process super fast. Once it was all dried, I used a spray lacquer to give it a shiny top coat so they will hopefully hold up to some wear and tear.
I’m not sure where to put them yet – they’ll go in the basement somewhere, just not sure where.