Wow – have you heard the news? Nonsense now has 10 followers! Count ’em – 10. That’s double digits, my friends. Thank you all so much for the support! I’m sure this blog will be optioned as a movie very soon!
How were your holidays? Mine were both restful and busy. I didn’t quite get everything read, watched, knitted and organized that I wanted to get done, but I did manage to blast through a lot of comics, tear apart a bookcase and a bed, take care of two crazy dogs, and watch a heck of a lot of HGTV marathons.
So, here we are at the beginning of 2010 – so much to look forward to! We’re starting to look at houses – which is both exciting and terrifying! I’ll no doubt be venting on here a lot. My sister is pregnant and is due in May – I can’t wait to meet my first niece or nephew! So much coming up this year, it’s going to be a good one, I can feel it.
In that spirit, I thought I would share some of my favourite things right now, just some things that are making me happy. I want to do a post about my goals and hopes for 2010, but that can come some other time.
Without further ado, here are the things that are making me happy!
1. This is my new Astro Boy print that finally came in the mail from monstergallery
. This is a great etsy shop with cute, colourful numbered prints. They’re a great bargain too, I can’t wait to buy a bunch and get them framed to make a cool wall display!
2. This is my table. I salvaged this table that someone threw out in our apartment building and it’s the perfect little side table for my reading chair. Currently, it’s covered in my LOST season 5 Blu-Rays and notes for the LOST rewatch
, complete with my copy of Nikki Stafford’s “Finding LOST: Season 5”, books that I’m currently reading, books that I plan on reading very soon, the graphic novels I’m reading for the Graphic Novel Group this weekend, and my notebooks. Currently, I have a notebook on the go for my food diary, one for the graphic novel group and one that’s a catch-all kind of place. Inspired by sonshine music’s blog
, I want to keep track of all the books that I read this year, so I’m using that book for that. Also inspired by my friend Dan’s column
, I hope to do a bit of journalling this year. It will probably just end up being a collection of the post it notes and scraps of paper that I usually have, but we’ll see how it goes.
3. Sibling Rivalry is my new favourite wine, based solely on the packaging. I must admit, I’m not exactly a wine aficionado – I tend to pick wines based solely on the label. This one was a no-brainer. Come on, it looks like the opening credits to “Juno” threw up all over this bottle. In a good way.
It’s called “Sibling Rivalry” because it’s three brothers that make the wine. The cap has paper, scissors and rock on it to represent each brother. The best part? Not only is it an Ontario wine, it’s got a screw top on it. Gotta love that easy access.
4. Domo. Domo was a gift from our friend’s Dan and Amanda. He has since earned a place in our hearts due to the fear he strikes in the hearts of the cats. It used to be that we would roar and chase the cats with him – now all we have to do is hold him up in front of the cats and it’s enough for them to run down the hall. Endless entertainment.
5. Yeah, so on my organization quest over the holidays, I decided to throw away our bed frame. It was a homemade thing and instead of a box spring, we had Styrofoam. Seriously. So, now we have a mattress on the floor. I love it, I find it so cozy and I’ve been sleeping so well since I did this. I try to tell myself it’s modern and minimalist, not poor looking. Jagger is not loving the floor bed quite so much.
P.S. – Fun fact – I made the bed just to take this picture. I’m not really a bed-making fan. I’ve never seen the point in it!
P.P.S. – I also have no idea why this section is underlined, and I couldn’t figure out how to fix it. So there you go.
6. The Febreze Luminaire. This this is awesome. I got it in my stocking for Christmas and it’s just as awesome as it seems on TV. The scent fills the room quickly and it doesn’t even have to be turned on. It looks pretty and I don’t have to worry about the cats knocking it over and burning down the apartment. Bonus.
7. My hubby. Jagger’s come up with some great comments lately. He’s always funny, but his most recent two comments have stuck with me. I’ve been on a bit of a tea binge lately, drinking four or five peppermint teas a day. So Jagger was in the kitchen the other night and I’d left the kettle sitting out on the counter. “Babe, are you done with your tea making thing?” Seriously? My tea-making thing? It’s a kettle, it boils water, not make tea. Oh, honey. His other comment was after seeing a commercial about the Olympics encouraging Canadians to “paint the town red”. Jagger of course turns this into “Let’s paint my wife dead”. Yep, he’s a charmer all right. Hands off, ladies – he’s all mine.
So, there you have it. Those are the things that are making me happy in my little world right now. Like I said, I’m planning a post for my hopes and goals for 2010 (but not any resolutions!)
What are you all looking forward to in 2010? Did you get anything at Christmas that is making you particularly happy?