Wow, so it looks like I’ve been somewhat neglectful of the ole bloggy blog here. I’m going to blame it on the fact that the wedding is fast approaching. Like, super fast approaching. Things have been going well, my crafts are getting finished up. I’ve been wanting to post more on here, but every time I want to post I think “But I should have pictures. I’ll wait until I can take pictures.” Then my camera gets lost in my purse again or the battery dies or something and the whole plan falls apart.
- Thank you cards – Check! I wanted to make my thank you cards, because I’m crazy like that. So, my plan was to have them assembled so when we get back from the honeymoon I can just sit down and start writing.
- Programs – Check! I didn’t want programs at first, but I had so many scrap pieces after making the invitations that I decided I might as well use them up. I found a great quote to put on them though – “The perfect marriage begins when each partner believes they got better than they deserve.” It’s a quote from Unknown, he’s way better than Anonymous.
- Flower girl basket – Check! Okay, this one I really wanted to share, but I totally forgot to take a picture before I gave it to my sister. Picture this though, a mini apple bushel basket with a brown ribbon hot glued around the top and tied in a bow. Then some flowers hot glued on the one side of the ribbon. It’s prettier than it sounds.
- CD insert cards – Check! We’re doing CD’s as a favour, so I printed up some cards with the tracklist on them. Nothing fancy, just printed and ready to be stuck in the envelope.
- Labels for the CD’s – Check! My stepmom was a big help on this one, she helped me with the design and is printed them up, then I just have to use her CD stomper to label the CD’s…and we have to burn them all, that’s more of a problem.
- Labels for the chocolates – Check! This was a spur of the moment craft. My mom got all obsessed with these homemade chocolates and wants them for the wedding as another favour (that brings us up to three different favours – CD’s, guitar picks and chocolates.) They’re not a big deal though, just chocolates in a bag with a tag. Of course I couldn’t just use any tag, so I got a bunch of those little round silver rimmed key tags from Staples and wrote “J+A 10.10.09” on one side and “Thank You!” on the other side. I did 200 of them just to be safe. That was a great night.
So, as far as crafts go, I don’t have too much left to do. I’m still pondering some sort of labelling system for the cupcakes (I think I’m going to have to let it go though). I need to double check the CD envelopes because I think they might fall apart, I am still toying with the idea of making a card box because I haven’t found anything that I’m crazy about and I need to get to work on amassing things for the centrepieces. I have to go to the beach at my mom’s to steal some sand to use with the candles…if only it would stop raining!
We’ll see if the weather cooperates with us next weekend. If not, we might have to change venues, which is definitely the worst case scenario. Keep your fingers crossed for us.
I’ll try to take some pictures of things that I’m working on and keep things posted for next week. Today is my last day at work, then I’m off for a week to get ready for the wedding, and then off for a week for the honeymoon.
To make up for my lack of craft related pictures, I’ll leave you with a picture from my bachelorette party. This is me kissing our bald waiter on the head. At least my hair looks nice and shiny. Enjoy.